University of California, Berkeley is offering massive open online course (MOOC) on Marketing Analytics: Products, Distribution and Sales. This course will equip applicants with the knowledge and skills necessary to immediately see practical benefits in the workplace.
In this four week course, applicants will learn how to identify what consumers want in a product and the best distribution and sales channels to engage with chosen markets. The course will start on April 2, 2018.
Course At A Glance
Length: 4 weeks
Effort: 5-7 hours per week
Subject: Business & Management
Institution: University of California, Berkeley and edX
Certificate Available: Yes. Add a Verified Certificate for $99
Session: Course starts on April 2, 2018
Berkeley is offering MOOCs with edX to develop and foster adoption of Small Private Online Courses (SPOCs) on campuses around the world. SPOCs are designed to supplement and enhance the learning experience of on-campus students, while providing local faculty an opportunity for more interactive activities and more time for “high-touch” pedagogy.
About This Course
In this marketing course, you will learn how to apply advanced concepts such as conjoint analysis and decision tree methodologies to product decisions, as well as learn the best ways to distribute and sell your offerings to consumers.
Applicant will also learn how to apply conjoint analysis to identify the product features that your consumers want most.
Why Take This Course?
This is a free online course. This MOOC will be offered with Video Transcripts in English. Applicants can get a verified certificate. This course will equip you with the knowledge and skills necessary to immediately see practical benefits in the workplace. Analytics-based marketing is increasingly important in determining a company’s spending and ROI. Many entry-level positions in marketing now require some basic level of knowledge in this rapidly growing field.
- Product: Conjoint analysis
- Product: Decision trees
- Distribution: Store location decision model
- Sales: Consumer sales process for brick and mortar and ecommerce channels
This course is taught by Stephan Sorger who has held leadership roles in marketing and product development at companies such as Oracle, 3Com and NASA. He has also taught for over a decade at UC Berkeley Extension and is the author of two widely adopted marketing textbooks.
Familiarity with marketing and basic operations in Microsoft Excel preferred, but not required.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- edX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org home page and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)