NUST MISIS is offering free online course on Materials Science and Engineering. This engineering course presents a broad multidisciplinary approach to understanding and manipulating the mechanical, electrical, optical and magnetic properties of materials.
The overall objectives of this course is to discover the various properties and structures of materials and build a solid foundation in engineering. The course will start on April 1, 2017.
Course At A Glance
Length: 10 weeks
Effort: 2-3 hours pw
Institution: NUST MISIS and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $ 49
Session: Course Starts on April 1, 2017
NUST MISIS is one of the leaders of technological education in Russia. Founded in 1918, it is the country’s leading university in the fields of materials science, metallurgy, mining, as well as it is actively strengthening its positions in the fields of biomaterials, nano- and IT technologies. Students from all Russian regions and from 69 countries study at NUST MISIS.
About This Course
This engineering course presents a broad multidisciplinary approach to understanding and manipulating the mechanical, electrical, optical and magnetic properties of materials.
Materials have always been the keystone of society, and they are playing an increasingly paramount role in our high-tech age. Correspondingly, materials scientists and engineers are highly valued and well-paid specialists.
Why Take This Course?
The course content is closely related to chemical, mechanical, electrical, computing, and bio- and civil engineering. This course will provide key information about fundamental characteristics of a variety of materials including metals, ceramics, polymers, and electronic materials.
- How different levels of materials’ structure define their properties
- How processing of the materials affects their properties and performance
- Materials characterization techniques, including scanning electron microscopy, transmission electron microcopy, X-ray diffraction
Alexander S. Mukasyan
Alexander is Professor of Chemical Engineering at the Notre Dame University (USA) and NUST MISIS (Russia), and also Director Manager of Laboratory of Advanced Electron Microscopy ND-IIF (Notre Dame University, USA) and Director of Center of Functional Nano-Ceramics (NUST MISIS, Russia).
Secondary school physics and chemistry
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the orghomepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)