The Open University is offering free online course on Modern Empowerment in the Workplace. This course is designed for those currently working in or aspiring to work in human resources (HR).
In this four-week course, applicants will explore the role of human resources (HR) in this modern empowerment era. This course will start on September 25, 2017.
Course At Glance
Length: 4 weeks
Effort: 3 hours/week
Subject: Modern Empowerment in the Workplace
Institution: The Open University and Future learn
Certificate Available: Yes
Session: Course starts on September 25, 2017
The Open University (OU) is the largest academic institution in the UK and a world leader in flexible distance learning.
Since it began in 1969, the OU has taught more than 1.8 million students and has almost 220,000 current students, including more than 15,000 overseas.
About This Course
The 21st century has seen a transformation of work and the workplace.
The negative aspects of this change often get most attention – from job insecurity to diminished labor rights. But it is a time of possibility; people can work anytime, anywhere, achieving flexibility and work-life balance. This is a potentially exciting future for empowerment at work.
Why Take This Course?
This online course explores the rise of this new empowerment era and the key role that HR practitioners play in it.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the changing context for employee empowerment.
- Evaluate and analyze problems caused by power imbalances in employment relations and recommend solutions.
- Identify and influence others in their thinking about the effects of technological change and globalization on contemporary employment relations.
- Assess and articulate and engage with relevant professional and ethical issues in empowerment at work.
This course is designed for those currently working in or aspiring to work in human resources (HR).
Peter Bloom is a senior lecturer and head of the Department of People and Organisations at the Open University. I publish widely on the future of economics, politics and empowerment.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Sign Up At FutureLearn
- Select a course and Join
- Once a course has started, applicant will be able to access the course material
- After the start date, students will be able to access the course by following the Go To Course link on My Courses page.
- Applicants can buy, to show that they have completed a FutureLearn course.
- On some FutureLearn courses, learners will be able to pay to take an exam to qualify for a Statement of Attainment. (These are university-branded, printed certificates that provide proof of learning on the course topic(s)).