Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore is offering free online course on Statistics. The course requires basic Algebra and some Calculus.
Statistics is a versatile discipline that has revolutionized the fields of business, engineering, medicine and pure sciences. The course will start on November 17, 2016.
Course At A Glance
Length: 7 weeks
Effort: 5-7 hours per week
Subject: Business & Management
Institution: Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore and edX
Certificate Available: Yes. Add a Verified Certificate for $25
Session: Course will start on November 17, 2016
Established in 1973, the Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore is one of the top management schools in India. They build leaders through holistic, transformative and innovative education.
About This Course
Statistics is a versatile discipline that has revolutionized the fields of business, engineering, medicine and pure sciences. This course is Part 2 of a 4-part series on Business Statistics, and is ideal for learners who wish to enroll in business programs. The first two parts cover topics in Descriptive Statistics, whereas the next two focus on Inferential Statistics.
- To use spreadsheets to analyze larger datasets
- To pose pertinent business questions of datasets and to answer them
- To describe a random variable in probabilistic terms and derive parameters such as mean and variance
- To draw a simple random sample from a population
- To model business phenomena with known random variables such as Binomial, Poisson and Normal
- To simulate variables that follow a prescribed distribution
Shankar Venkatagiri is a faculty member in the Quantitative Methods & Information Systems area at the Indian Institute of Management Bangalore.
Basic Algebra and some Calculus
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- edX offers honour code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the orghome page and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)