The Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore is offering free online course on Organizational Design: Creating Competitive Advantage. University will discuss various organizational structures and how an effective organizational design can help achieve a company’s goals and objectives in a sustainable manner.
In this seven-week course, applicants will learn how to design control systems, decision-making processes and a culture that enables value creation and the development of sustainable competitive advantage. This course will start on January 18, 2018.
Course At A Glance
Length: 7 weeks
Effort: 4-5 hours pw
Subject: Business & Management
Institution: Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for ?3268
Session: Course Starts on January 18, 2018
The Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore is one of the top management schools in India. We build leaders through holistic, transformative and innovative education.
About This Course
In order to sustain themselves, organizations need to compete for scarce resources both in input and output markets. Because of this organizations need to create some kind of competitive advantage.
Why Take This Course?
In this business and management course, suitable for managers and leaders in midsize to large organizations, you will learn the principles of organizational design and how design elements can be leveraged to gain competitive advantage.
- Interrelationship between an organization’s strategy and structure.
- Effective use of control systems.
- How to achieve Competitive advantage through different designs.
- Structural alternatives such as functional, divisional and matrix.
- Structural tradeoffs such as centralization, formalization and complexity.
- How to manage structural change.
Professor Sourav Mukherji is currently the Dean (Programmes) at the Indian Institute of Management Bangalore and teaches post graduate and doctoral level courses at IIM Bangalore.
Basic knowledge of business is necessary and some experience in being part of an organization or running an organization is ideal.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)