Microsoft is offering free online course on Planning and Preparing SharePoint Hybrid. The course will also provide you with skills in preparing SharePoint environments for a hybrid connection.
Students will learn skills to plan, architect, configure and manage the fundamental building blocks of a SharePoint hybrid environment. This course will start on October 1, 2017.
Course At A Glance
Effort: 4-6 hours per module
Subject: Computer Science
Institution: Microsoft and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $99
Session: Course Starts on October 1, 2017
We live in a mobile-first and cloud-first world. Computing is ubiquitous, and experiences span devices and exhibit ambient intelligence. Billions of sensors, screens and devices – in conference rooms, living rooms, cities, cars, phones, PCs – are forming a vast network and streams of data that simply disappear into the background of our lives.
About This Course
This course will teach you how to connect your SharePoint on-premises farm to Microsoft’s cloud services. You will learn about Office 365 and Microsoft Azure, architecture planning, platform hygiene and preparation, directory synchronization using Azure AD Connect, and how to configure a seamless single sign-on experience for users with Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS).
Why Take This Course?
You will have the information you need to adequately plan a SharePoint environment to make way for a hybrid installation.
- Strong planning practices
- Familiarity with SharePoint architecture
- Understand necessary configurations
- Management of SharePoint hybrid
- Platform hygiene and preparation
- Directory synchronization
- Configuration of a seamless single sign-on experience for users
Jeremy Taylor is a SharePoint consultant, author, and trainer based in Canberra, Australia, who has more than 11 years’ experience in designing, building and supporting SharePoint farms across the Australian Federal Government, large enterprises, and small- to medium-sized businesses.
Neil Hodgkinson (PhD, MCSM: SharePoint) is a senior program manager in the CXP, CAT team within the Applications and Services Group at Microsoft. Starting his IT career as a SQL and ASP developer almost 18 years ago, Neil naturally transitioned to SharePoint technologies back in 2000 when Microsoft launched SharePoint Team Services.
Familiarity with Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft SQL and Power Shell helpful.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)