UC Berkeley is offering free online course on Marketing Analytics: Price and Promotion Analytics. This course will equip you with the knowledge and skills necessary to immediately see practical benefits in the workplace.
In this four week course, applicants will learn how to use price and promotion analytics to effectively allocate the marketing budget to maximize profits. The course will start on December 4, 2017.
Course At A Glance
Length: 4 weeks
Effort: 5-7 hours pw
Subject: Business & Management
Institution: UC Berkeley and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $199
Session: Course Starts on December 4, 2017
The University of California, Berkeley was chartered in 1868, and its flagship campus — envisioned as a “City of Learning” — was established at Berkeley, on San Francisco Bay. Berkeley faculty consists of 1,582 full-time and 500 part-time faculty members dispersed among more than 130 academic departments and more than 80 interdisciplinary research units. Berkeley alumni have received 28 Nobel prizes, and there are eight Nobel Laureates, 32 MacArthur Fellows, and four Pulitzer Prize winners among the current faculty.
About This Course
In this marketing course, you will learn how to price your offerings, as well as how to allocate your scarce marketing budget among different promotion vehicles to maximize their overall impact in the organization. You will also learn how to select prices to maximize profits or fulfill other specific company objectives.
Why Take This Course?
This course will equip you with the knowledge and skills necessary to immediately see practical benefits in the workplace. Analytics-based marketing is increasingly important in determining a company’s spending and ROI. Many entry-level positions in marketing now require some basic level of knowledge in this rapidly growing field.
- Price Analytics
- Promotion Analytics
- How to allocate marketing budgets over multiple campaigns
Familiarity with marketing and basic operations in Microsoft Excel preferred, but not required.
Stephan Sorger , MBA, MS, PE
Stephan Sorger, M.B.A., M.S., PE, UC Berkeley Extension Honored Instructor, is a serial marketing executive, instructor and author.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)