Course At A Glance
Length: 4 weeks
Effort: 6-8 hours pw
Subject: Computer Science
Institution: University of Pennsylvania and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $149
Session: Course Starts on August 28, 2017
The University of Pennsylvania is an Ivy League institution with 12 undergraduate, graduate and professional schools in Philadelphia, serving a diverse community of more than 20,000 students from around the world. Ranked consistently among the top ten universities in the United States, Penn dates its founding to 1740 and is often considered the first university to offer both graduate and undergraduate studies.
About This Course
Why Take This Course?
- The basics of how the World Wide Web allows browsers to send and retrieve web content
- Web browser internals, the Document Object Model (DOM), and jQuery
- Techniques for creating data-driven websites using modern web technologies
Associate Professor of Practice, School of Engineering and Applied Science, University of Pennsylvania
- Basic knowledge of computer programming (variables, functions, control flow)
- Knowledge of core data structures (arrays, lists, sets, trees)
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)