Rochester Institute of Technology is offering free online course on Project Management Micro Masters Capstone Exam. This capstone exam is part of the RITx Project Management Micro Masters program that is designed to provide you with the in-depth knowledge and skills needed to be a successful project manager in any industry.
Applicants will demonstrate the knowledge and skills acquired in the Project Management MicroMasters program and prepare for graduate level program options at RIT. This course will start on March 14, 2018.
Course At A Glance
Length: see FAQ
Effort: 4 hours to complete exam
Subject: Business & Management
Institution: Rochester Institute of Technology and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $600
Session: Course Starts on March 14, 2018
Rochester Institute of Technology is home to leading creators, entrepreneurs, innovators and researchers. Founded in 1829, RIT enrolls more than 18,600 students in more than 200 career-oriented and professional programs, making it among the largest private universities in the U.S.
About This Course
This capstone exam is part of the RITx Project Management Micro Masters program that is designed to provide you with the in-depth knowledge and skills needed to be a successful project manager in any industry. In order to qualify for the Micro Masters Credential you will need to earn a Verified Certificate in each of the three RITx Project Management courses as well as pass this final capstone exam.
Why Take This Course?
The capstone exam will test knowledge across all 3 courses. It will be webcam proctored timed exam and will feature problems similar to the graded assignments in the different modules as well as some writing.
This capstone exam is an assessment of various skills you’ve attained through the Micro Masters program. They include:
- To apply the project management life cycle from initiation through closing by using effective tools and techniques
- To apply the project management tradeoffs of time, cost and scope to meet customer expectations
- To understand project management best practices across a variety of industries and businesses
- To understand leadership and behavioral facets that lead to project success
- To understand social and cultural aspects, legal and regulatory practices, technology and infrastructure that influence project success in the global market
Leonie Fernandes PMP
Leonie is an Instructor of Project Management at the School of Individualized Study at the Rochester Institute of Technology.
Dr. Celine Gullace PMP
Celine is an Instructor of Project Management at the School of Individualized Study at the Rochester Institute of Technology.
Successful completion of the verified track of:
- PM9001x: Project Management Life Cycle
- PM9002x: Best Practices for Project Management Success
- PM9003x: International Project Management
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)