Ural Federal University is offering free online course on Scientific Methods and Research. This course is for anyone who has ever said, “Science is interesting.” It will appeal to those who want to learn the processes behind modern scientific research.
This course will teach you how to conduct research in accordance with scientific methodology. The course will start on October 29, 2017.
Course At A Glance
Length: 5 weeks
Effort: 3-4 hours pw
Institution: Ural Federal University and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $49
Session: Course Starts on October 29, 2017
UrFU is the oldest University in the Ural region. It was opened in Ekaterinburg in 1920. It is one of the largest higher educational institutions in Russia bringing together fundamental education and innovative approach towards the challenges of modern times. The Mission of UrFU today is to increase competitiveness, re-industrialization, formation of human, scientific and technological potential, sustainable modernization of traditional economy branches, and development of post-industrial economy branches of the Ural Federal District.
About This Course
What does it mean to conduct research? What are the different stages of the research process? What are the requirements of modern scientific research? How do you analyze a scientific article?
This course will teach you how to conduct research in accordance with scientific methodology. You’ll learn how to analyze scientific articles in engineering and science subjects, and how to conduct scientific experiments.
This course is for anyone who has ever said, “Science is interesting.” It will appeal to those who want to learn the processes behind modern scientific research.
Why Take This Course?
The course will help you develop the core skill of a scientist, giving you the tools to succeed. The course material is well-suited for anyone interested in the problems of uncovering knowledge and science; giving you a methodology for the achievement of educational and scientific activities.
- Understand the fundamental problems of science
- Ability to analyze scientific articles
- How to properly conduct scientific research and experiments
- Introduction to Philosophy
- Fundamentals of physics
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)