The University of Maryland is offering free online course on Software Testing Fundamentals. No previous programming knowledge is needed to join this course. Course will use Java and JUnit, however, for examples and assignments.
In this course, applicants will learn how to locate software bugs and defects using the latest testing techniques. The course will start on on May 31, 2017
Course At A Glance
Length: 8 weeks
Effort: 8-10 hours pw
Subject: Computer Science
Institution: and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $249
Session: Course Starts on May 31, 2017
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) specializes in educating busy professionals like you. We are a public state university offering career-relevant, affordable education that fits your life. You can earn most degrees and certificates entirely online. At UMUC, you can build your professional value with each class you take. With classes taught by faculty with real-world experience, our programs focus on practical, applicable skills and knowledge that you can apply right away.
About This Course
Want to gain software testing skills to start a career or are you a software developer looking to improve your unit testing skills? This course, part of the Software Testing and Verification MicroMasters program, will provide the essential skills you need for success.
Software needs to be tested for bugs and to insure the product meets the requirements and produces the desired results. Software testing is essential to providing a quality product.
Learn the techniques Software Testers and Quality Assurance Engineers use every day, which can be applied to any programming language and testing software.
- Develop, document and execute software test cases
- Create a software test to meet an objective
- Identify types of software defects
Dr. Michael Scott Brown
Program Chair of the Software Engineering Master’s, University of Maryland University Colleg
Dr. Renata Rand McFadden
Adjunct Professor, University of Maryland University College
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)