University System of Maryland (USM) is offering free online course on Software Testing Management. In this course, part of the Software Testing and Verification MicroMasters program, students will learn about the management aspects of software testing.
Applicants learn how to effectively manage software tests using estimations, defect management, metrics and software quality initiatives. The course starts on August 2, 2017.
Course At A Glance
Length: 8 weeks
Effort: 8-10 hours pw
Subject: Computer Science
Institution: University System of Maryland (USM) and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $249
Session: Course Starts on August 2, 2017
The University System of Maryland (USM) is the state of Maryland’s public higher education system. The USM consists of three Research Universities, three Historically Black Institutions, four Traditional Comprehensive Institutions, two Regional Education Centers; one Specialized Research institution, and one “Virtual” Institution specializing in online and distance education, and a system office.
About This Course
There is much more to software testing than just finding defects. Successful software and quality assurance engineers need to also manage the testing of software.
In this course, part of the Software Testing and Verification MicroMasters program, students will learn about the management aspects of software testing. Students will learn how to successfully plan, schedule, estimate and document a software testing plan.
Why Take This Course?
Applicants will learn how to effectively manage software tests using estimations, defect management, metrics and software quality initiatives.
- Plan, estimate, schedule and document software testing
- Manage software defects
- How to compute software testing metrics
- Evaluate and implement software quality initiatives
Dr. Michael Scott Brown
Program Chair of the Software Engineering Master’s, University of Maryland University College
Dr. Renata Rand McFadden
Adjunct Professor, University of Maryland University College
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)