The Georgia Institute of Technology is offering free online course on Statistical Modeling and Regression Analysis. This course is more about the opportunity for individual discovery than it is about mastering a fixed set of techniques.
In this fourteen week course, applicants will introduction to commonly used linear regression models along with detailed implementation of the models within real data examples using the R statistical software. This course will start on January 8, 2018.
Course At A Glance
Length: 14 weeks
Effort: 8-10 hours pw
Institution: Georgia Institute of Technology and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $99
Session: Course Starts on January 8, 2018
The Georgia Institute of Technology, also known as Georgia Tech, is one of the nation’s leading research universities, providing a focused, technologically based education to more than 25,000 undergraduate and graduate students.
About This Course
This course, you will be exposed to not only fundamental concepts of regression analysis but also many data examples using the R statistical software. Thus by the end of this course, you will also be familiar with the implementation of regression models using the R statistical software along with interpretation for the results derived from such implementations.
Why Take This Course?
In this course, you will be given fundamental grounding in the use of widely used tools in regression analysis. You will learn the basics of regression analysis such as linear regression, logistic regression, Poisson regression, generalized linear regression and model selection.
Basics of regression analysis such as linear regression, generalized linear regression and model selection
Fundamental grounding in the use of some widely used tools, but much of the energy of the course is focus on individual investigation and learning.
Georgia Institute of Technology
A sound familiarity with undergraduate or graduate statistics and probability but also basic proficiency, linear algebra and basic calculus.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)