The University of Washington is offering free online course on Strategic Applications of IT Project & Program Management. This course introduces you to project management standards and frameworks that increase efficiency and deliver tangible business benefits to IT projects.
In this four week course, applicants will learn project management standards and frameworks that increase efficiency and deliver tangible business benefits. This course will start on May 15, 2017.
Course At A Glance
Length: 4 weeks
Effort: 2-5 hours pw
Subject: Business & Management
Institution: University of Washington and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $79
Session: Course Starts on May 15, 2017
The University of Washington is one of the preeminent public research universities in the world dedicated to preparing leaders of change, promoters of ideas, and creating a culture of collaboration. The UW is ranked number one among public universities nationally that receive federal research and training funds, and since 1975 has been in the top five for public and private universities.
About This Course
- Relationships among projects, programs and portfolios
- Organizational culture and project management roles
- Project management methods and lifecycles and their applications
Why Take This Course?
This course has a focus on learning the most commonly used project management methodologies in the IT field, and why they are effective.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Explain why organizations use project management to deliver business value;
- Describe the relationships among projects, programs and portfolios;
- Define the differences between predictive, iterative and Agile-based lifecycles;
- Analyze different project management roles — project manager, sponsor, stakeholder, ScrumMaster, product owner and developer;
- Understand how organizational culture can influence the role of the project manager
Debra Hildebrand has over 15 years’ experience in project management consulting and training for private firms and public agencies (federal, state and local level).
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the orghomepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)