Ambition School Leadership is offering free online course on Challenging Behaviour: Strategies for Helping Young People. This course has been created for all those who work with young people, but it might be of particular interest to teaching assistants, student teachers, NQTs, and middle and senior leaders.
This course will help improve your experience working with young people. The course will start on June 19, 2017.
Course At Glance
Length: 5 weeks
Effort: 4 hours/week
Subject: Strategies for Helping Young People
Institution: Ambition School Leadership and Future learn
Certificate Available: Yes
Session: Course starts on June 19, 2017
Ambition School Leadership is a UK charitable organisation with the mission of addressing educational disadvantage.
About This Course
Young people today face mounting problems which makes working with and helping them learn, more important than ever. This course will help improve your experience working with young people. On the course, we’ll use the latest research to investigate the causes of challenging behaviour and look at strategies, helping you build a toolkit to modify behaviour. Ambition School Leadership work with a variety of experts that offer empirical knowledge and learning from within different school settings, meaning their expertise is drawn from both research and people directly working with young people.
Why Take This Course?
This is a free online course. This MOOC will be offered with Video Transcripts in English. Applicants can get a verified certificate.
- Evaluate your current practice regarding the management and modification of behaviour.
- Reflect upon your current reality and compare it to your ideal situation.
- Explore the latest research about the neurological basis of many behavioural issues.
- Develop a mindset that encourages positive change.
- Produce an effective toolkit to modify behaviour.
- Improve your planning, environment and structures to establish excellent behaviour.
This course has been created for all those who work with young people, but it might be of particular interest to teaching assistants, student teachers, NQTs, and middle and senior leaders. To get the most out of the course you should have some experience of working with young people.
He is a former Ofsted inspector and currently work as the Executive Headteacher of two outstanding schools that cater for children aged 5-16 with Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Sign Up At FutureLearn
- Select a course and Join
- Once a course has started, applicant will be able to access the course material
- After the start date, students will be able to access the course by following the Go To Course link on My Courses page.
- Applicants can buy, to show that they have completed a FutureLearn course.
- On some FutureLearn courses, learners will be able to pay to take an exam to qualify for a Statement of Attainment. (These are university-branded, printed certificates that provide proof of learning on the course topic(s)).