EdX is offering free online course on StudioX: Creating a Course with edX Studio. This course is ideal for course authors and course teams interested in uncovering the nuts and bolts of building an edX course.
In this four week course, applicants will learn the fundamentals of creating courses on the edX platform using edX Studio.
Course At A Glance
Length: 4 weeks
Effort: 4-6 hours pw
Subject: Education & Teacher Training
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $25
EdX is a non-profit created by founding partners Harvard and MIT. We’re bringing the best of higher education to students around the world. EdX offers MOOCs and interactive online classes in subjects including law, history, science, engineering, business, social sciences, computer science, public health, and artificial intelligence (AI).
About This Course
We will cover everything you need to know to successfully create your first course on the edX platform, including:
- The basics of course set-up.
- Adding course content, including videos, assessments, and interactive components.
- Configuring course settings and optimizing the course experience for learners.
Why Take This Course?
In this course, we will introduce you to edX Studio, edX’s course-authoring tool. This course is ideal for course authors and course teams interested in uncovering the nuts and bolts of building an edX course.
- How to create a new course in edX Studio
- How to create accessible content in a course
- How to set up a grading policy
- How to beta test and launch a course
- How to manage running a course and a course team
- How to improve a course with analytics
Nina Huntemann is the Director of Academics and Research at edX.
Ben is a learning designer at edX. He has over 10 years of experience in both academia and industry, building a diverse resume that includes lecturing at international colleges, authoring a series of innovative phonetic textbooks, and consulting for the British Council on a high-stakes English exam.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)