The University of Twente is offering free online course on Supply Chain Innovation: How Technology Can Create a Sustainable Future. This course is aimed at professionals and students in disciplines such as ICT, operations, marketing, finance, who wish to learn more about supply chain management.
In this six week course, applicants will understand how new technologies can make supply chains more sustainable and learn how to deal with today’s trends.
Course At Glance
Length: 6 weeks
Effort: 3 hours/week
Subject: Supply Chain Innovation: How Technology Can Create a Sustainable Future
Institution: University of Twente and Future learn
Certificate Available: Yes
Session: Available now
As a young and entrepreneurial university in the Netherlands, the University of Twenty prepares young people to tackle the grand challenges the world will be facing during the coming decades.
About This Course
Every product that we use today is the result of a supply chain – a complex series of steps that turn raw materials into the final products we use and everything related with this. Managing these supply chains has become more and more a challenge, especially with all modern technologies and today’s trends.
Why Take This Course?
This is a free online course. This MOOC will be offered with Video Transcripts in English. Applicants can get a verified certificate.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to…
- Describe the key trends in supply chain innovation.
- Explain in their own words the role of information and communication technology in supply chain innovation.
- Discuss the impact of innovative information and communication technology in a clear and substantiate way.
Supply chain is a cross disciplinary area. In this course we give a broad overview rather than focusing on detailed quantitative/mathematical or ICT skills. Although we’ll challenge you to perform some basic modelling and technology activities, the focus is on thinking supply chain and recognizing the impact of ICT so that you can be an innovator in this area and a driver of change. Key to a good supply chain manager is his/her ability to think across company borders and functional domains. In addition, being interested in both business and technology is essential.
This course is aimed at professionals and students in disciplines such as ICT, operations, marketing, finance, who wish to learn more about supply chain management. Supply chain management and operations professionals and students that want to learn from about new trends and technologies can also benefit from the course. As we are all end customers of supply chains and the impact of supply chains on our world is enormous, many of us wish to know what is happening behind the scene. You are all invited to join!
Jos Van Hillegersberg
Jos Van Hillegersberg is a professor in Business Information Systems at the University of Twente. I love to research and design innovative and sustainable business using new ICT. Lead educator of the SC Innovation Course.
Hans Voordijk is an Associate Professor in Supply Chain Management at the department of Construction Management and Engineering. I like to resarch Supply Chain Management and ICT issues in the construction industry.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Sign Up At FutureLearn
- Select a course and Join
- Once a course has started, applicant will be able to access the course material
- After the start date, students will be able to access the course by following the Go To Course link on My Courses page.
- Applicants can buy, to show that they have completed a FutureLearn course.
- On some FutureLearn courses, learners will be able to pay to take an exam to qualify for a Statement of Attainment. (These are university-branded, printed certificates that provide proof of learning on the course topic(s)).