Microsoft is offering free online course on IT Support: Cloud Fundamentals. This course provides an historical perspective of how IT has evolved to the point where it is now using cloud solutions.
In this four week course, applicants will learn about Cloud fundamentals, including core cloud concepts, cloud usage models, cloud security basics, and cloud services, and receive an introduction to Microsoft Azure and Microsoft Office 365. This course will start on January 1, 2018.
Course At A Glance
Length: 4 weeks
Effort: 2-3 hours pw
Subject: Computer Science
Institution: Microsoft and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $99
Session: Course Starts on January 1, 2018
We live in a mobile-first and cloud-first world. Computing is ubiquitous, and experiences span devices and exhibit ambient intelligence. Billions of sensors, screens and devices – in conference rooms, living rooms, cities, cars, phones, PCs – are forming a vast network and streams of data that simply disappear into the background of our lives.
About This Course
IT Support: Cloud Fundamentals is designed to introduce the core cloud concepts to IT Support learners. This course provides an historical perspective of how IT has evolved to the point where it is now using cloud solutions.
Why Take This Course?
The course examines the different types of cloud solutions that are available, as well as the basics of cloud services, cloud usage models, and cloud security. The course concludes with an introduction to Microsoft Azure and Microsoft Office 365.
- Examine core cloud concepts
- Review basic cloud services
- Analyze cloud usage models
- Examine cloud security basics
- Learn about Microsoft Azure as an IaaS and PaaS solution
- Learn about Microsoft Office 365 as a SaaS solution
Martin Coetzer is a Senior Content Developer with the Microsoft Learning eXperiences team.
Basic PC knowledge
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)