Rochester Institute of Technology is offering free online course on Teamwork & Collaboration. This course may be audited free of charge. Learners also have the opportunity to earn a verified certificate of completion.
In this three week course, applicants will learn essential teamwork and collaboration skills to lead build and motivate teams in the workplace. This course will start on January 16, 2018.
Course At A Glance
Length: 3 weeks
Effort: 6-8 hours pw
Subject: Business & Management
Institution: Rochester Institute of Technology and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $49
Session: Course Starts on January 16, 2018
Rochester Institute of Technology is home to leading creators, entrepreneurs, innovators and researchers. Founded in 1829, RIT enrolls more than 18,600 students in more than 200 career-oriented and professional programs, making it among the largest private universities in the U.S.
About This Course
In this course, learners will analyze and evaluate their own experiences of leading and participating in teams, and will relate them to industry examples.
Topics in the course also include:
- Team formation and development
- Building, leading, organizing, and motivating teams
- Managing conflict in groups to build productive professional relationships
- Collaboration among cross-functional teams
- Interpersonal relationship dynamics in small groups
Why Take This Course?
This course, part of the Soft Skills Professional Certificate program, complements business communication skills and expands those competencies to provide a foundation for decision-making, consensus-building, and problem-solving within a group environment.
- How to understand the complexities of group dynamics and interactions
- How to motivate by improving group climate
- How to develop skills in leadership, problem-solving, conflict management, and other critical group dynamics
- How to assess team effectiveness and success
Andrea Hickerson phd
Andrea Hickerson, phd, is the Director of the School of Communication at RIT and an Associate Professor of Journalism.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edx account to signup
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- Edx offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and xseries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edx password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)