The University of Queensland is offering free online course on Tourism and Travel Management. This course will provide you with substantive insights into the management challenges facing destinations and operators.
In this seven week course, applicants will lead tourism practitioners and researchers offer insider perspectives on this dynamic and growing industry. This course will start on July 3, 2018.
Course At A Glance
Length: 7 weeks
Effort: 2-3 hours pw
Subject: Business & Management
Institution: The University of Queensland and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $99
Session: Course Starts on July 3, 2018
The University of Queensland (UQ), Australia, is one of the world’s premier teaching and research institutions. Striving for excellence through the creation, preservation, transfer and application of knowledge UQ ranks in the top 50 Universities as measured by the QS World University Rankings.
About This Course
This course will provide you with substantive insights into the management challenges facing destinations and operators. It will show you the proper steps to follow for research-informed resolutions. The course comprises seven modules, with each module co-delivered by two or more expert academics.
Why Take This Course?
You will experience the global scale of the thriving tourism and travel industry which is forecasted to generate US$11 trillion over the next 10 years. With over a billion international tourist arrivals per annum worldwide over recent years, more people from around the world are setting out for new destinations.
- Understand the complexity of challenges faced by the tourism industry.
- Examine tourism and travel management principles.
- Create resolutions and strategies to address tourism issues and challenges.
Vice-Chancellor Research Fellow
Lecturer in Tourism Management
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)