Harvard University is offering free online course on Understanding Technology. This is CS50 ‘s introduction to technology for students who do not (yet) consider themselves computer persons.
This course fills in the gaps, empowering you to use and troubleshoot technology more effectively. The course will start on January 4, 2018.
Course At A Glance
Length: 6 weeks
Effort: 2-6 hours pw
Subject: Understanding Technology
Institution: Harvard University and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $90
Session: Course Starts on January 4, 2018
Harvard University is devoted to excellence in teaching, learning, and research, and to developing leaders in many disciplines who make a difference globally. Harvard faculty are engaged with teaching and research to push the boundaries of human knowledge. The University has twelve degree-granting Schools in addition to the Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study.
About This Course
This is CS50 ‘s introduction to technology for students who do not (yet) consider themselves computer persons. Designed for those who work with technology every day but not necessarily understand how it works underneath the hood or how to solve problems when something goes wrong, this course fills in the gaps, empowering you to use and troubleshoot technology more effectively. Through lectures on hardware, the Internet, multimedia, security, programming, and web development, this course equips you for today’s technology and prepares you for tomorrow’s as well.
Why Take This Course?
- Web development
David J. Malan
Gordon McKay Professor of the Practice of Computer Science
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)