The University of Michigan is offering free online course on UX Research at Scale: Analytics and Online Experiments. In this UX course, learners will be introduced to techniques for gaining UX insights from large numbers of users, including web analytics, A/B testing, and remote unmediated studies.
In this three week course, applicants will learn how to conduct and analyze UX research at scale using online tools such as A/B testing and web analytics. This course will start on September 26, 2017.
Course At A Glance
Length: 3 weeks
Effort: 3-4 hours pw
Subject: Computer Science
Institution: The University of Michigan and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $99
Session: Course Starts on September 26, 2017
The mission of the University of Michigan is to serve the people of Michigan and the world through preeminence in creating, communicating, preserving and applying knowledge, art, and academic values, and in developing leaders and citizens who will challenge the present and enrich the future.
About This Course
This course is part of the User Experience (UX) Research and Design micromasters Program offered by michiganx.
Why Take This Course?
We will discuss how these techniques work, when they can be applied, and what can be learned by using them.
- Learn how web analytics works and how to analyze analytics data
- Understand how to develop A-B tests, before/after, and multivariate experiments
- Learn how to set up and analyze remote unmoderated testing studies
- Analyze and report on large scale user experience studies
Lija Hogan is the Director of Enterprise Research Strategy at usertesting. Since graduating from the University Of Michigan School Of Information, she has focused on designing, managing, and evaluating user experiences across a wide variety of industries.
Recommended – successful completion of:
- UX501x – Introduction to User Experience
- UX502x – Understanding User Needs
- UX503x – Principles of Designing for Humans
- UX504x – Evaluating Designs with Users
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edx account to signup
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- Edx offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and xseries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edx password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)