Colorado State University is offering free online course on Water for the People: Gender, Human Rights, and Diplomacy. This course is for anyone interested in learning about human rights, access to water and diplomacy.
In this course, applicants will explore how access to water relates to gender and human rights. The course will start on November 13, 2017.
Course At Glance
Length: 3 weeks
Effort: 3 hours/week
Subject: Water for the People
Institution: Colorado State University and Future learn
Certificate Available: Yes
Session: Course starts on November 13, 2017
Colorado State University, a land-grant institution and a Carnegie Doctoral/Research University-Extensive, is one of the United States’ leading research universities.
About This Course
We all need water every day, yet 1.1 billion people worldwide lack access to safe drinking water. For many, obtaining water for their families is a difficult, time-consuming task, falling heavily on the shoulders of women and girls. There is widespread agreement that people have a basic human right to the water needed to sustain life, yet this right has not been realized for nearly 1 of every 7 people on earth.
Why Take This Course?
On this course you will learn about the issues of gender inequality and human rights in relation to water, and the diplomatic efforts that are helping to improve access to water.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to…
- Explore how water has been regarded as a human right
- Discuss bilateral and multilateral diplomatic efforts to improve access to water.
- Discuss the impacts of globalization and privatization on access to safe drinking water.
- Describe how the impacts of water scarcity fall disproportionately on the female gender.
This course is for anyone interested in learning about human rights, access to water and diplomacy. You don’t need any past experience.
He is hydrologist, with a recent Ph.D. in watershed science from Colorado State University, and a previous career with the U.S. Geological Survey where I worked on water quality and quantity.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Sign Up At FutureLearn
- Select a course and Join
- Once a course has started, applicant will be able to access the course material
- After the start date, students will be able to access the course by following the Go To Course link on My Courses page.
- Applicants can buy, to show that they have completed a FutureLearn course.
- On some FutureLearn courses, learners will be able to pay to take an exam to qualify for a Statement of Attainment. (These are university-branded, printed certificates that provide proof of learning on the course topic(s)).