Curtin University is offering free online course on Strategic Brand Management. In this course, part of the Marketing in a Digital World MicroMasters program, applicants will learn how to apply the concepts of advertising and marketing to branding.
In this 12-week course, applicants will examine product/brand management decisions and investigate the strategies and tactics to build, measure and manage brand equity. The course will start on January 29, 2018.
Course At A Glance
Length: 12 weeks
Effort: 8-10 hours pw
Subject: Business & Management
Institution: Curtin University and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $199
Session: Course Starts on January 29, 2018
Curtin University is Western Australia’s largest and most culturally diverse university, with more than 53,000 students from over 130 countries. As a world-class, internationally focused institution, Curtin’s mission is to change minds, lives and the world through leadership, innovation and excellence in teaching and research.
About This Course
In this course, part of the Marketing in a Digital World MicroMasters program, you will learn how to apply the concepts of advertising and marketing to branding. We will examine topics and various strategies related to building, measuring, and managing a brand, including direct and indirect measures of brand equity, structures of desired brand knowledge, choice of brand elements, development of supporting marketing programs, and management of brands over time.
Why Take This Course?
You will learn how to:
- Develop a framework to identify and establish brand positioning and values to build customer based brand equity
- Plan and implement brand marketing programs through integrated marketing communications and brand associations to build brand equity
- Evaluate how a brand equity management system can capture customer mindset and enhance market performance through sources and outcomes of brand equity
- Design specific strategies that focus around extending, revitalising and reinforcing existing brands to retain brand resonance (i.e. loyalty, attachment, community and engagement).
- How to identify and establish brand positioning and values
- How to plan and implement brand marketing programs
- How to evaluate a brand equity management system
- How to design strategies that retain existing brand resonance
Ian Phau is Professor of Marketing and Director of the Luxury Branding Research Cluster at Curtin University.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)