Educational Testing Service [ETS] is offering free online course for the TOEFL® exam preparation. Prepare for the TOEFL® test and improve your chance to get financial aid in American universities.
You’ll prepare for your TOEFL exam with help from the experts who create the test. Review questions from the reading, speaking, listening and writing portions of the exam, and join TOEFL team members as they evaluate answers and provide valuable tips and feedback. Enroll in this free, 6-week course and achieve your best TOEFL score.
ETS develops, administers and scores more than 50 million tests annually — including the TOEFL® and TOEIC® tests, the GRE® tests and The Praxis Series® assessments — in more than 180 countries, at over 9,000 locations worldwide. www.ets.org.
Course starts on May 3, 2017
- Length: 6 weeks
- Effort: 2-4 hours per week
- Price: Free
Add a Verified Certificate for $49
- Institution: ETSx
- Subject: Language
- Level: Introductory
- Languages: English
- Video Transcripts: English
About this course
This test preparation course, developed by the experts who create, administer and score theTOEFL® test, will help English language learners improve their skills.
The TOEFL® test is the world’s most trusted and widely accepted English-language assessment. It has helped millions of people achieve their dreams of university study, skilled migration, employment, scholarships, visas and more. More than 9,000 universities, agencies, institutions and organizations worldwide, accept TOEFL® scores.
90% of TOEFL® test takers get into their 1st or 2nd choice university.
This course will help you understand what you can do to achieve your best score. Instructors will guide you through each section [reading, listening, speaking and writing] and explain the kinds of questions you can expect using archived past test questions. You will receive valuable advice, including how to register for the test, how it is scored and how to prepare.
This course is highly interactive, using videos, sample questions with explanations, short quizzes, discounted test prep offers and a live social media event. During the Speaking and Writing lectures, the team that developed the TOEFL® test will review a handful of responses and provide evaluation and feedback.
Who takes the TOEFL® test? More than 30 million people from all over the world have taken theTOEFL® test to demonstrate their English-language proficiency.
- Students planning to study at an institution or university
- Scholarship and certification candidates
- English-language learners who want to track their progress
- Students and workers applying for visas in certain countries
After taking this course you will have a much better understanding of how to study for the test, what goes into making the test, actual test materials (from retired tests) and gain valuable insider tips to help you get into the university of your dreams or apply for a job.
What you’ll learn
- How to improve your English language skills
- A broad understanding of the four sections of theTOEFL® test: Reading, Listening, Speaking and Writing
- Helpful tips and tricks to prepare you for theTOEFL® Test
- How theTOEFL® Test is scored
- How to use yourTOEFL® Test scores for employment, school, visas, scholarships
- Where to find additional resources that are available for theTOEFL® Test
- How to register for theTOEFL® test