Thunderbird School of Global Management is offering free online course on Global Marketing Strategy. In this marketing course, you will gain an understanding of the foundations, scope, and challenges of global marketing, as well as the cultural environments of global markets.
This course will equip you with skills to understand and handle current and developing challenges in global marketing and how to create and implement successful strategies. The course will start on June 26, 2017.
Course At A Glance
Length: 6 weeks
Effort: 10 hours pw
Subject: Business & Management
Institution: Thunderbird School of Global Management and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $249
Session: Course Starts on June 26, 2017
For 70 years, Thunderbird has set the pace for global management education as the premier institution for students, organizations and professionals looking for an edge in international business. A consistently top-ranked international business school, Thunderbird understands the complexities, challenges and competitive forces that make business across borders a nuanced endeavor. A Thunderbird education sets you apart from the competition and prepares you to make an immediate, lasting impact worldwide.
About This Course
In this marketing course, you will gain an understanding of the foundations, scope, and challenges of global marketing, as well as the cultural environments of global markets.
Organizations and businesses are always facing new challenges including slow domestic market growth, international competition, deregulation of formerly protected industries, short product life cycles, and emergence of global brands. This course will equip you with skills to understand and handle current and developing challenges in global marketing and how to create and implement successful strategies.
Why Take This Course?
This course will help you understand the strategic implications of segmentation, targeting, and positioning and how they are developed within the context of customer, competitor, and context analysis. Particular emphasis will be placed on the role of disruptive positioning strategies and how firms can utilize such strategies to their advantage.
- To evaluate and build economic, functional, experiential, and social value or a combination thereof within the complex and dynamic political/legal, economic, competitive, technological, cultural, and other environmental forces that managers face in the global arena
- To clarify the scope and challenges of global marketing
- To assess the impact of external forces on global marketing decisions
- To develop a disruptive positioning strategy for a firm that is struggling to differentiate itself from competition
- Awareness of alternative market-entry strategies.
Associate Professor of Marketing, Thunderbird School of Global Management
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)