Harvard University is offering free online course on Leaders of Learning. Applicants will explore and understand their own theories of learning and leadership. Gain the tools to imagine and build the future of learning.
In Leaders of Learning, students will explore learning, leadership, organizational structure, and physical design. The course will start on May 17, 2017.
Course At A Glance
Length: 6 weeks
Effort: 2-4 hours pw
Subject: Education & Teacher Training
Institution: Harvard University and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $99
Session: Course Starts on May 17, 2017
Harvard University is devoted to excellence in teaching, learning, and research, and to developing leaders in many disciplines who make a difference globally. Harvard faculty are engaged with teaching and research to push the boundaries of human knowledge. The University has twelve degree-granting Schools in addition to the Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study.
About This Course
All of us carry explicit or implicit theories of learning. They manifest themselves in the ways we learn, the ways we teach, and the ways we think about leadership and learning.
In Leaders of Learning, you will identify and develop your personal theory of learning, and explore how it fits into the shifting landscape of learning. This isn’t just about schools, it’s about the broader and bigger world of learning.
The education sector is undergoing great transformation, and in the coming decades will continue to change. How we learn, what we learn, where we learn, and why we learn; all these questions will be reexamined. In Leaders of Learning students will explore learning, leadership, organizational structure, and physical design.
Why Take This Course?
This is a free online course. This MOOC will be offered with Video Transcripts in English. Applicants can get a verified certificate.
- How to define your personal theory of learning
- What leadership looks like in different learning environments
- How an organization’s structure reflects its theories of learning
- How physical and digital design shape learning
- How neuroscience will affect the future of learning
Richard Elmore is the the Gregory R. Anrig Research Professor of Educational Leadership at the Harvard Graduate School of Education
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)