The University of Leeds is offering free online course on Innovation Management: Winning in the Age of Disruption. This course is for professionals with an active interest in innovation who wish to improve their knowledge or make innovation happen in their organisation.
In this course applicants will learn how successful organisations like IBM manage innovation to disrupt markets and achieve business advantage. The course will start on September 25, 2017.
Course At Glance
Length: 2 weeks
Effort: 4 hours/week
Subject: Innovation Management
Institution: Leeds University and Future learn
Certificate Available: Yes
Session: Course starts on September 25, 2017
As one of the UK’s largest research-based universities, the University of Leeds is a member of the prestigious Russell Group and a centre of excellence for teaching.
About This Course
This course from the Leeds University Business School will show you how to manage innovation through real-life examples from IBM. You’ll identify challenges to innovation management and develop an innovation strategy. You’ll see how the world’s most successful businesses use systematic processes to manage disruptive innovation. Through practical insights you’ll learn how to continuously innovate in your core business. Exploring the latest design thinking and open innovation frameworks will help you drive innovation effectively within an established organisation or growing venture.
Why Take This Course?
This is a free online course. This MOOC will be offered with Video Transcripts in English. Applicants can get a verified certificate.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to…
- Explain different types of innovation and innovation dynamics.
- Identify strategic innovation challenges in organisations.
- Explore core innovation and the key enablers required for successful innovation in existing operations, business and markets.
- Develop managerial approaches to organise innovation processes.
- Explore the key capabilities which support successful innovation.
- Reflect on innovation responses in real case studies.
Reflect on innovation responses in real case studies.
This course is for professionals with an active interest in innovation who wish to improve their knowledge or make innovation happen in their organisation.
Whether you work in the public or private sector, a young start-up or an established multinational, the course will give you the skills to generate and implement innovative ideas. The course is designed to be flexible so you can study at a time convenient to you.
Assistant Professor of Strategy and Innovation, Matt is an expert in the area of open innovation and open strategy
Professor of Strategy and Innovation at the Leeds University Business School
Executive Architect and Industry Technical Leader at IBM and RAEng Visiting Professor in Innovation at the University of Leeds.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Sign Up At FutureLearn
- Select a course and Join
- Once a course has started, applicant will be able to access the course material
- After the start date, students will be able to access the course by following the Go To Course link on My Courses page.
- Applicants can buy, to show that they have completed a FutureLearn course.
- On some FutureLearn courses, learners will be able to pay to take an exam to qualify for a Statement of Attainment. (These are university-branded, printed certificates that provide proof of learning on the course topic(s)).