The University of Leeds is offering Innovation Online Course: Key to Business Success. This short free online course, which benefits from CPD accreditation, is designed for anyone interested in commercial innovation.
This course will help you see how you can be an agent for change and help push forward innovation. The course will start on January 9, 2017.
Course At A Glance
Length: 3 weeks
Effort: 4 hours/week
Institution: University of Leeds and FutureLearn
Certificate Available: Yes
Session: Course starts on January 9, 2017
As one of the UK’s largest research-based universities, the University of Leeds is a member of the prestigious Russell Group and a centre of excellence for teaching. The aim is to create a student experience that is second to none and as part of this, online learning is increasingly important, even to its full-time campus-based students. The MOOCs will allow the University to explore new and different ways to provide online education.
FutureLearn offers a diverse selection of courses from leading universities and cultural institutions from around the world. These are delivered one step at a time, and are accessible on mobile, tablet and desktop, so you can fit learning around your life.
About This Course
This short free online course, which benefits from CPD accreditation, is designed for anyone interested in commercial innovation. Whether you run your own business or are a cog in a bigger wheel, work on your own or are part of a large multinational organisation, this course will help you see how you can be an agent for change and help push forward innovation.
Why Take This Course?
This is a free online course. Applicants can buy a Statement of Participation for this course — a personalized certificate in both digital and printed formats — to show that you’ve taken part.
At the end of the course you will have a better understanding of:
- How to encourage and contribute to innovation in your business;
- How to turn ideas into reality (for the benefit of the business);
- The role of people in successful innovation.
He is Senior Teaching Fellow at the Univesity of Leeds. My areas of interest are based around the subject of product design. Key areas are innovation, creativity and employability.
No previous knowledge or experience of business or innovation is required just an interest in innovations and how they emerge. You may be a student, running your own business or working within a small company or multinational organisation. The course is designed to be flexible so you can study at a time convenient to you.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Sign Up At FutureLearn
- Select a course and Join
- Once a course has started, you will be able to access the course material
- After the start date, you will be able to access the course by following the Go To Course link on your My Courses page.
- Applicants can buy, to show that you’ve completed a FutureLearn course.
- On some FutureLearn courses, learners will be able to pay to take an exam to qualify for a Statement of Attainment. (These are university-branded, printed certificates that provide proof of learning on the course topic(s)).