Tsinghua University is offering free online course on Introduction to Psychology. This course will cover a wide range of topics from the field of psychology to provide a comprehensive introduction to the subject.
In this course applicants will explore psychological research to understand basic theories and methods of scientific psychology with a strong focus on positive psychology. The course will starts on February 20, 2017.
Course At A Glance
Effort: 5 hours pw
Subject: Philosophy & Ethics
Institution: Tsinghua University and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $49
Session: Course Starts on February 20, 2017
Tsinghua University, founded in 1911, is one of the most prestigious universities in Asia. Tsinghua University consists of 19 schools and 55 departments with faculties in science, engineering, humanities, social sciences, architecture, management, law, medicine, arts and design. As China’s leading institution of advanced learning, Tsinghua is dedicated to excellence in education, research, and social services. Tsinghua has approximately 3,200 faculty members and over 35,000 students, including 3,500 international students from 108 countries. Among its 170,000 alumni are many outstanding scholars, successful entrepreneurs, and distinguished statesmen who have been playing important roles in the development of China.
About This Course
As the physical quality of life improves in our increasingly global and technologically focused world, it is particularly important to focus on psychology. In fact, psychology is one of the most popular subjects studied in universities by students across the globe, and there is an increasing interest in studying this fascinating – and constantly changing – field.
Why Take This Course?
This course will cover a wide range of topics from the field of psychology to provide a comprehensive introduction to the subject. Course lessons will focus on consciousness, sensation, perception, learning, memory, thinking, emotion, evolution, motivation, personality, social psychology, and happiness. In every lesson, we use empirical studies of psychology and classical theoretical perspectives as examples, concluding the course with the relatively new perspective of positive psychology. In this course, you will gain an understanding of psychological modes of thought and master the basic methods of psychological research, while freeing yourself of psychological misconceptions and misunderstandings.
- Key concepts in psychology
- The basic methods of psychological research
- Classical and contemporary theories of psychology
Kaiping Peng is the head of the psychology department at Tsinghua University, and the chair of the Academic Committee of Social Science School in Tsinghua University, He is also a tenured faculty member at the Department of Psychology of the University of California at Berkeley.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)