Massachusetts Institute of Technology is offering free online course on Supply Chain Design. The course is divided into four main topic areas: Physical flow design, Supply chain finance, Information flow design, and Organization/Process design.
In this thirteen week course, applicants will learn how to design and optimize the physical, financial, and information flows of a supply chain to enhance business performance – part of the mitx micromasters Credential in Supply Chain Management. This course will start on September 6, 2017.
Course At A Glance
Length: 13 weeks
Effort: 8-12 hours pw
Institution: Massachusetts Institute of Technology and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $150
Session: Course Starts on September 6, 2017
Massachusetts Institute of Technology — a coeducational, privately endowed research university founded in 1861 — is dedicated to advancing knowledge and educating students in science, technology, and other areas of scholarship that will best serve the nation and the world in the 21st century.
About This Course
This Supply Chain Design course is part of the MITx MicroMasters Credential in Supply Chain Management, offered by #1 ranked SCM Master’s program at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
The main topic areas we will focus on in this course are:
- Supply Chain Network Design
- Supply Chain Finance
- Supplier Management
- Production and Demand Planning
- Process and Organizational Design
Why Take This Course?
This course is indispensable if you’re considering a supply chain management career and, specifically, the positions of Supply Chain Analyst, Operations Manager, or Logistics Coordinator.
- Network Design and Facility Location
- Supply Chain Finance
- Procurement and sourcing
- Production planning
- Demand management and Sales & Operations Planning
Dr. Chris Caplice
Director, mitx micromasters Program in Supply Chain Management
CITE Scalability Lead
James Blayney Rice Jr.
Deputy Director, CTL
CTL.SC1x Supply Chain Fundamentals
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edx account to signup
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- Edx offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and xseries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edx password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)