Microsoft is offering free online course on Developing Intelligent Apps and Bots. This course is part of the Microsoft Professional Program Certificate in Data Science.
In this six-week course, applicants will learn how to create intelligent apps using Microsoft Azure machine learning APIs.
Course At A Glance
Length: 6 weeks
Effort: 3-4 hours pw
Subject: Computer Science
Institution: Microsoft and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $99
We live in a mobile-first and cloud-first world. Computing is ubiquitous, and experiences span devices and exhibit ambient intelligence. Billions of sensors, screens and devices – in conference rooms, living rooms, cities, cars, phones, PCs – are forming a vast network and streams of data that simply disappear into the background of our lives. This computing power will digitize nearly everything around us, and will derive insights from all of the data being generated by interactions among people and between people and machines. We are moving from a world where computing power was scarce to a place where it now is almost limitless, and where the true scarce commodity is increasingly human attention.
About This Course
This course is part of the Microsoft Professional Program Certificate in Data Science. Next generation apps have brought intelligence to software, enabling users to interact with everyday devices in new ways.
Why Take This Course?
In this data science course for developers, you will learn how to create smart applications that use the power of machine learning to engage with users in previously unimaginable ways.
- How to build smart applications based on Azure machine Learning web services
- How to use Azure machine learning APIs
- How to build autonomous “bots”
- How to build real-time intelligent solutions for IOT/big data scenarios
Gerry O’Brien is a Senior Content Development Manager at Microsoft Learning with a focus on software development and database platforms. He has over 18 years of industry experience in various roles including software development, consulting, and training.
Amy is a Technical Evangelist at Microsoft having obtained a degree in Computer Science. She is passionate about Machine Learning, IoT and Data Science, and is always keen to share expertise with individuals and organisations.
It’s important to note, before you embark on this course, that there are certain skills and/or knowledge that are required to be successful in completing the assignments.
- The code samples and labs will require you to write C# code. While provisions are made to reduce the amount of custom code you will need to write, familiarization with C# is a requirement to be successful in the course.
- Knowledge of Visual Studio and how to import libraries and third party software is necessary in some of the labs due to the need to implement functionality that is not native to Visual Studio
- Knowledge of how to use GitHub to clone repositories to your local system
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)