Microsoft is offering free online course on Developing a Multidimensional Data Model. In this six-week course, applicants will learn how to design, develop, and manage a multidimensional data model (a.k.a. cube) with SQL Server 2016 Analysis Services.
By the end of the course, you’ll have designed, developed, and deployed a multidimensional model, ready to deliver high-performance business user experiences. This course will start on July 11, 2017.
Course At A Glance
Length: 6 weeks
Effort: 2-3 hours pw
Subject: Computer Science
Institution: Microsoft and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $99
Session: Course Starts on July 11, 2017
We live in a mobile-first and cloud-first world. Computing is ubiquitous, and experiences span devices and exhibit ambient intelligence. Billions of sensors, screens and devices – in conference rooms, living rooms, cities, cars, phones, PCs – are forming a vast network and streams of data that simply disappear into the background of our lives.
About This Course
If you have large volumes of data and you need to deliver intuitive, interactive, and high-performance access to it, don’t miss this course!
Whether you’re new to SQL Server 2016 Analysis Services or you’re experienced with previous versions, join us for a look at this powerful technology.
Why Take This Course?
Students will get details on how to enhance your cubes with business logic; creating calculated members, named sets, scoped assignments, and key performance indicators (KPIs) with MDX—the language of multidimensional models.
- How to develop multidimensional models
- Connecting to source data
- Developing dimensions and cubes
- Enhancing cubes with business logic
- Managing and optimizing multidimensional databases
- Comparing tabular and multidimensional models
Chris is a trainer, consultant, and author with 25 years of industry experience, specializing in SQL Server and the Microsoft data platform.
Peter Myers is a consultant, trainer and presenter, and has worked with Microsoft database and development products since 1997.
- Familiarity with database concepts and basic SQL query syntax.
- Familiarity with the reporting and analytics needs of users.
- A willingness to learn actively and persevere when troubleshooting technical problems is essential.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)