Microsoft is offering free online course on Managing Identity. In this security course, go beyond the firewall and ports, and learn practical steps and prescriptive guidance on identity management, based on proven, real-world experience from Microsoft Incident Response teams.
As you build a cybersecurity defense plan, learn best practices around Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, and identity management. The course will start on June 30, 2017.
Course At A Glance
Length: 4 weeks
Effort: 2-3 hours pw
Subject: Computer Science
Institution: Microsoft and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $99
Session: Course Starts on June 30, 2017
Microsoft is offering this online course via the edX platform. Microsoft is offering the course via renowned online platform edX. In this new connected world, Microsoft believes technology creates opportunity, and courses are designed to provide you with the core development skills needed to be successful in the cloud-first, mobile-first world.
About This Course
With identity as the new perimeter in today’s security landscape, it’s important to keep up on the latest ways to manage it. Identity—which defines what protocols you’re allowed to use, who you’re allowed to interact with, and what you’re allowed to do—has evolved significantly in the last few years.
In this security course, go beyond the firewall and ports, and learn practical steps and prescriptive guidance on identity management, based on proven, real-world experience from Microsoft Incident Response teams.
Start with a conceptual look at identity, explore Active Directory best practices, find out how to secure Azure Active Directory, and then get hands-on with a combination of videos, text, and hosted labs.
Why Take This Course?
You will create a protective bastion host for an existing domain, configure Privilege Access Management (PAM) and Just in Time Administration (JIT), install JRE, and set up Microsoft Identity Manager. With successful course completion, you will understand the hows and whys of improving the security posture of your environment, and get started implementing and managing identity as part of your cybersecurity defense plan.
- How identity is the new control plane, the perimeter that is replacing the firewall.
- The recommended steps to secure Active Directory.
- Azure Security Architecture and the Identity Federation and access solutions supported by Azure architecture.
- How Kerberos and Privilege Attribute Certification function.
Philip E. Helsel
Philip Helsel is a Senior Content Developer with the Microsoft Learning team, where he is currently focused on building IT Professional courses for Windows 10, Hyper-V, and Configuration Manager.
Kimberly is a Senior Content Developer with the Microsoft Learning team.
- Experience with Windows Client administration, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Introductory level knowledge of Active Directory, including functions of a domain control, sign on services, and an understanding of what group policy is.
- Good foundation in accessing and using simple Windows PowerShell commands. There is an edX Windows PowerShell Basics course.
- Knowledge of and relevant experience in systems administration using Windows Server 2012 R2 and 2016.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)