Microsoft is offering free online course on Skype for Business: Fundamentals. Skype for Business provides a single platform for both meetings and voice at hyper scale.
By completing this course, you will learn about the vision, value, features and capabilities of Skype for Business.This course will start on October 1, 2017.
Course At A Glance
Length: 4 weeks
Effort: 2-3 hours pw
Subject: Business & Management
Institution: Microsoft and edx
Session: Course Starts on October 1, 2017
We live in a mobile-first and cloud-first world. Computing is ubiquitous, and experiences span devices and exhibit ambient intelligence. Billions of sensors, screens and devices – in conference rooms, living rooms, cities, cars, phones, PCs – are forming a vast network and streams of data that simply disappear into the background of our lives.
About This Course
This course is an introduction to Skype for Business. By completing this course, you will learn about the vision, value, features and capabilities of Skype for Business. No previous knowledge needed so register today and complete the course at your own pace!
Why Take This Course?
Want to learn about Microsoft’s communications and collaboration solutions and products? Skype for Business provides a single platform for both meetings and voice at hyperscale!
- Articulate vision and value proposition for users, customers, and partners
- Describe features and solution components
- Learn about the system components: Skype for Business Meetings and Voice
- Explore implementation options
- Introduction to Skype Operations Framework – a practical guide that covers how to plan, deliver, and operate Skype for Business
- Explore solutions and services provided by the many Skype for Business solution partners
Bryan has been working within the technology space for over 15 years, and joined Microsoft in 2011 as an Architect in the MCS Voice Center of Excellence.
Alan is currently a Solutions Architect in the Office 365 Center of Excellence. As an 18 year IT professional with 11 years in Consulting he has represented Microsoft, Dell, HP, VMware, EMC and Fujitsu.
Wayne Lewis has worked at Microsoft for over 17 years serving in roles across Microsoft IT, Microsoft Consulting Services and Office 365 Marketing.
Basic comprehension of how people use technology to communicate and collaborate.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)