Open University is offering free online course on Business Fundamentals: Effective Networking. This course is intended for anyone looking to enhance and develop their professional network in order to open up opportunities and strengthen their professional relationships.
The overall objective of this course is to learn how to build and sustain your network to enhance your professional relationships and open up career opportunities. The course will start on May 14, 2018.
Course At A Glance
Length: 4 weeks
Effort: 3 hours pw
Subject: Effective Networking
Institution: Open University and edx
Certificate Available: Yes
Session: Course Starts on May 14, 2018
Networking is a fundamental skill, which will help you take control of your career. This free online course introduces the principles of networking as a fundamental skill to help develop your personal brand in the world of work.
About This Course
The Open University (OU) is the largest academic institution in the UK and a world leader in flexible distance learning, with a mission is to be open to people, places, methods and ideas.
Why Take This Course?
Applicants will learn how to build and sustain your network to enhance your professional relationships and open up career opportunities.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to…
- Apply the principles of effective networking
- Improve your impression-management skills in a professional context
- Develop your analytical and prioritisation skills
- Identify, select and use online tools to enhance your digital presence
- Develop the potential of your personal brand
Lead educator on Business Fundamentals: Effective Networking. Before becoming an academic Terry’s marketing career spanned fast-moving consumer goods, the arts, and the non-profit sector.
This course is intended for anyone looking to enhance and develop their professional network in order to open up opportunities and strengthen their professional relationships. The course does not require any previous experience of studying networking.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)