The National School for Civil Aviation is offering free online course on Introduction to Pricing Strategy and Revenue Management. This course is designed for professionals who want to adopt pricing strategy and revenue management techniques in their organisation.
In this course, applicants will learn to use pricing strategies to increase your firm’s revenue, and set the right price for the right person at the right time. The course will start on January 16, 2017.
Course At Glance
Length: 4 weeks
Effort: 3 hours/week
Subject: Pricing Strategy and Revenue Management
Institution: National School for Civil Aviation and Future learn
Certificate Available: Yes
Session: Course starts on January 16, 2017
The École Nationale de l’Aviation Civile (ENAC, The National School for Civil Aviation) is the only aviation-oriented university in France offering such a wide and complete panel of aeronautics-oriented training programs and activities, serving the aeronautical world, and particularly the air transport sector.
About This Course
How do airlines, hotels, resorts and other organisations manage their prices? Why are these prices apparently unrelated to costs and different for each consumer? And what are the underlying reasons and processes behind these prices?
Why Take This Course?
This is a free online course. This MOOC will be offered with Video Transcripts in English. Applicants can get a verified certificate.
Throughout the course you will practice what you learn through practical pricing problems, pricing simulation games and interactive case studies. For example, you will step into the shoes of a pricer and set an airline’s pricing strategy over a period of time. By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate your knowledge and understanding of pricing strategies;
- Compare and evaluate different pricing schemes in different sectors of industry;
- Design a pricing framework in a real-life revenue optimisation situation;
- Implement revenue management in your business, and experiment with price setting and capacity allocation.
This course is designed for professionals who want to adopt pricing strategy and revenue management techniques in their organisation. You could be working in an industry where this practice is already common – such as at a travel, rental, catering or leisure business – or in a sector where it is emerging – such as at a mobile app developer or an e-commerce retailer.
The course is open to anyone, so may also interest consumers who are keen to understand why prices vary and how revenue management – which gives discounts to many and high prices to a few – works in many areas of their everyday’s life.
Christophe Bontemps is a faculty member of the Toulouse School of Economics and professor at ENAC. He holds a PhD in applied mathematics and a Master in computer science.
Nathalie Lenoir is a researcher and professor at ENAC. She has been teaching revenue management for more than 15 years. She holds a Master in transportation and a PhD in economics.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Sign Up At FutureLearn
- Select a course and Join
- Once a course has started, applicant will be able to access the course material
- After the start date, students will be able to access the course by following the Go To Course link on My Courses page.
- Applicants can buy, to show that they have completed a FutureLearn course.
- On some FutureLearn courses, learners will be able to pay to take an exam to qualify for a Statement of Attainment. (These are university-branded, printed certificates that provide proof of learning on the course topic(s)).