Purdue University is offering free online course on Probability. In this statistics and data analysis course, University will provide an introduction to mathematical probability to help meet your career goals in the exciting new areas becoming known as information science.
Applicants will learn fundamental concepts of mathematical probability to prepare for a career in the growing field of information and data science.
Course At A Glance
Length: 6 weeks
Effort: 4-6 hours pw
Subject: Data Analysis & Statistics
Institution: Purdue University and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $49
Purdue University is a vast laboratory for discovery. The university is known not only for science, technology, engineering, and math programs, but also for our imagination, ingenuity, and innovation. It’s a place where those who seek an education come to make their ideas real — especially when those transformative discoveries lead to scientific, technological, social, or humanitarian impact.
About This Course
Our capacity to collect and store data has exponentially increased, but deriving information from data from a scientific perspective requires a foundational knowledge of probability.
Are you interested in a career in the emerging data science field, or as an actuarial scientist? Or want better to understand statistical theory and mathematical modeling?
In this statistics and data analysis course, University will provide an introduction to mathematical probability to help meet your career goals in the exciting new areas becoming known as information science.
Why Take This Course?
This is a free online course. This MOOC will be offered with Video Transcripts in English. Applicants can get a verified certificate.
- Basic probability concepts and rules
- Some of the most widely used probability models with discrete random variables
- How probability models work in practical problems
Mark is an Associate Professor, and Undergraduate Chair at Department of Statistics, Purdue University, and Associate Director for the NSF Center for Science of Information.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)