RMIT University is offering free online course on Online Business: Customer Profiling for Success. This course is targeted at learners who have a small business or are considering setting up an online business and wish to understand the principles of market analysis and customer profiling, through a series of examples, learning theory and activities.
In this four-week course, applicants will understand how to find and retain the most valuable customers with one of four courses in the Online Business Success program. This course will start on September 11, 2017.
Course At Glance
Length: 4 weeks
Effort: 2 hours/week
Subject: Online Business: Customer Profiling for Success
Institution: RMIT University and Future learn
Certificate Available: Yes
Session: Course starts on September 11, 2017
RMIT is a global university of technology, design and enterprise specializing in art and design; architecture and the built environment; engineering; computer science; and business and management studies.
About This Course
When asked who their customer is, aspiring entrepreneurs often say “anyone”. This could not be further from the truth. This free online course will help you understand how you can use primary and secondary research, to identify the right customer and design engagement strategies to attract and retain them.
Why Take This Course?
We will help you understand how to develop market analysis strategies and show you how to develop a marketing strategy to guide you towards implementation.
By the end of the course, you will understand:
- Who your customer is;
- How to use data to identify and profile your customer;
- How to uncover the reasons why they buy;
- And how to develop profiles and personas for your customer.
- Identify who your customers/consumers are by analyzing their characteristics, and prepare this information for further research
- Compare the level of involvement and types of purchase, to predict the impact it may have on customer purchase behavior
- Apply primary and secondary research methods to create a market research plan which better identifies buyer’s needs, motivations, and reasons to purchase specific products or services
- Design and construct a customer journey map to describe the process a buyer takes when deciding upon a purchase, by generating customer personas
This course is targeted at learners who have a small business or are considering setting up an online business and wish to understand the principles of market analysis and customer profiling, through a series of examples, learning theory and activities.
Brett Stavenuiter is an entrepreneur, business owner and business consultant with 25 years experience assisting over 5000 successful entrepreneurial business start ups in Australia and Indonesia.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Sign Up At FutureLearn
- Select a course and Join
- Once a course has started, applicant will be able to access the course material
- After the start date, students will be able to access the course by following the Go To Course link on My Courses page.
- Applicants can buy, to show that they have completed a FutureLearn course.
- On some FutureLearn courses, learners will be able to pay to take an exam to qualify for a Statement of Attainment. (These are university-branded, printed certificates that provide proof of learning on the course topic(s)).