The Rochester Institute of Technology is offering free online course on Visual Presentation. This course, part of the Soft Skills Professional Certificate program, is an introduction to key principles, best practices, and ethics of visual communication for professionals who are not designers by trade.
In this three week course, applicants will learn how impactful images can enhance your presentation, communication and messaging to impress your audience. This course will start on September 18, 2018.
Course At A Glance
Length: 3 weeks
Effort: 6-8 hours pw
Subject: Business & Management
Institution: Rochester Institute of Technology and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $49
Session: Course Starts on September 18, 2018
Rochester Institute of Technology is home to leading creators, entrepreneurs, innovators and researchers. Founded in 1829, RIT enrolls more than 18,600 students in more than 200 career-oriented and professional programs, making it among the largest private universities in the U.S.
About This Course
Visual elements are critical components in effective communication and presentation. The importance of imagery and how it relates to branding, memory recall, and awareness cannot be underestimated. Whether it’s a document, presentation, or video, using one relevant image can replace an entire section of text and be more impactful.
Why Take This Course?
This course, part of the Soft Skills Professional Certificate program, is an introduction to key principles, best practices, and ethics of visual communication for professionals who are not designers by trade. Learners will practice creating visual communication that seeks to educate, inform, persuade, and/or entertain specific target audiences. You will also analyze visual messages appearing in a variety of media and digital platforms.
- How to utilize best practices for presenting quantitative data using images
- How to incorporate basics of visual design in everyday workplace presentations
- How to select impactful and appropriate images for various audiences to support your message How to understand visual hierarchy and other text- to-image relationships
Andrea Hickerson PhD
Andrea Hickerson, PhD, is the Director of the School of Communication at RIT and an Associate Professor of Journalism.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)