RWTH Aachen University is offering free online course on Managing Disruptive Change. Students will identify and assess specific disruptions and their impact, as well as the selection of appropriate reaction patterns.
In this six-week course, applicants will equip themselves with the necessary tools to not only understand changes in your company’s environment but to also prepare for and respond to them. This course will start on May 17, 2017.
Course At A Glance
Length: 6 weeks
Effort: 6-8 hours pw
Subject: Business & Management
Institution: RWTH Aachen University and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $149
Session: Course Starts on May 17, 2017
The RWTH Aachen University is among the leading technical universities in Europe measured by its academic output, the quality of its graduates, and by the quantity of its external funding.
About This Course
Disruption is simultaneously the greatest threat and the biggest opportunity for any business.
This course takes a structured approach to understanding and managing industry disruptions. It will provide you with the required tools and concepts required to identify and then manage disruptions by implementing targeted actions.
Why Take This Course?
This course is part of the “Managing Technology & Innovation: How to deal with disruptive change” MicroMasters program designed to teach the critical skills needed to be successful in this exciting field. In order to qualify for the MicroMasters Credential, you will need to earn a Verified Certificate in each of the six courses of the RWTHx MicroMasters program.
- How to spot specific disruption patterns as well as potential sources of disruptions
- Ways to assess the degree of the respective disruptions in terms of stage, speed and impact
- The know-how to select appropriate counter initiatives drawing from a tool kit of potential actions, depending on the assessment of the disruption
Prof. Dr. Malte Brettel is professor of Innovation Management and Entrepreneurship at RWTH Aachen University and adjunct professor of entrepreneurship at WHU – Otto-Beisheim-School of Management, Germany. His areas of research interest include entrepreneurial management and development, entrepreneurial marketing,
No mandatory prerequisites but basic knowledge of business administration and math is beneficial.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the orghomepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)