The University of East Anglia is offering free online course on An Introduction to Screenwriting. There are no formal requirements for this course, just an interest in screenwriting.
This online course explores the key concepts and fundamental principles involved in the process of screenwriting. This course will start on .
Course At Glance
Length: 2 weeks
Effort: 3 hours/week
Subject: An Introduction to Screenwriting
Institution: University of East Anglia and Future learn
Certificate Available: Yes
Session: Course starts on
The University of East Anglia is an internationally renowned university providing top quality academic, social and cultural facilities to over 15,000 students from over 100 countries around the globe. We are ranked in the top 1% of universities in the world and proudly placed in the Top 20 institutions in the UK (18th Times Good University Guide 2015-16).
About This Course
Screenplays form the starting point for most dramatic films, the essential work from which all other filmmaking flows. All of the tender romance, terrifying action and memorable lines begin at the screenwriter’s desk. This free online course will introduce you to the basic elements and key concepts behind a professional screenplay.
Why Take This Course?
This is a free online course. This MOOC will be offered with Video Transcripts in English. Applicants can get a verified certificate.
- Explore key issues in the practice of creating screenplays
- Explain the basic principles of the screenwriting process
- Identify the essentials of the screenplay format
- Discuss the construction of a professional script
- Design a story ‘pitch’
There are no formal requirements for this course, just an interest in screenwriting.
Screenwriter Michael Lengsfield teaches scriptwriting at the University of East Anglia, where he specializes in the theory and practice of dramatic adaptation.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Sign Up At FutureLearn
- Select a course and Join
- Once a course has started, applicant will be able to access the course material
- After the start date, students will be able to access the course by following the Go To Course link on My Courses page.
- Applicants can buy, to show that they have completed a FutureLearn course.
- On some FutureLearn courses, learners will be able to pay to take an exam to qualify for a Statement of Attainment. (These are university-branded, printed certificates that provide proof of learning on the course topic(s)).