Boston University is offering free online course on Social Media Marketing. This course will equip learners with the skills they need to promote their company’s products or services, or their own personal brand using social media.
In this six-week course, applicants will learn how to drive social media engagement by linking strategy and tactics and measuring results. This course will start on November 6, 2017.
Course At Glance
Length: 6 weeks
Effort: 3-5 hours/week
Subject: Business & Management
Institution: Boston University and Future learn
Certificate Available: Yes
Session: Course starts on November 6, 2017
Boston University’s impact extends far beyond our campus in the heart of Boston. Our students, faculty, and alumni travel around the globe to study, teach, and become immersed in the communities in which they live. As one of the world’s leading research universities, Boston University is currently engaged in more than 340 separate research, service, and educational programs and projects. Today, BU is the fourth-largest private university in the country and a member of the American Association of Universities, a nonprofit association of 62 of North America’s leading research-intensive institutions.
About This Course
Social media technologies are continuously transforming the ways consumers interact with each other and firms. These changes constitute a fundamental shift in the marketplace–consumers have greater opportunities to voice their opinions and connect with their peers as well as increased influence over marketers and brands.
In this course, part of the Digital Product Management MicroMasters program, we examine how organizations capitalize on social media and consumer-to-consumer interactions to support their marketing efforts. We view these issues from a strategic and a practical perspective, rather than a technical or platform perspective. We will give you the knowledge you need to create engaging content for platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Snapchat, as well as how to identify influencers, deliver content to a targeted audience, and measure the success of your efforts.
Why Take This Course?
This course will equip learners with the skills they need to promote their company’s products or services, or their own personal brand using social media. Additionally, learners will gain an understanding of how they can use social media to achieve specific organizational objectives and measure the effectiveness of those efforts.
- How to develop a social media marketing strategy
- How to develop and deliver content that engages consumers and is strategically integrated across platforms
- How to measure the effectiveness of social efforts
- How social media can be used to listen to consumers and monitor their behavior
- How to manage social media
- Understanding of undergraduate level marketing concepts, including segmentation, positioning, targeting, four P’s.
- Statistical concepts, including regression analysis
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Sign Up At FutureLearn
- Select a course and Join
- Once a course has started, applicant will be able to access the course material
- After the start date, students will be able to access the course by following the Go To Course link on My Courses page.
- Applicants can buy, to show that they have completed a FutureLearn course.
- On some FutureLearn courses, learners will be able to pay to take an exam to qualify for a Statement of Attainment. (These are university-branded, printed certificates that provide proof of learning on the course topic(s)).