The RWTH Aachen University is offering free online course on Strategic Management: From Insight to Decision. This course is part of the “Managing Technology & Innovation: How to deal with disruptive change” Micro Masters program designed to teach the critical skills needed to be successful in this exciting field.
In this six week course, applicants will learn how to (re)position your organization, orchestrate strategic alliances and assess strategic options from an ethical perspective. This course will start on March 14, 2018.
Course At A Glance
Length: 6 weeks
Effort: 8-10 hours pw
Subject: Business Administration
Institution: RWTH Aachen University and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $149
Session: Course Starts on March 14, 2018
RWTH Aachen University is among the leading technical universities in Europe measured by its academic output, the quality of its graduates, and by the quantity of its external funding.
About This Course
Help your organization survive, drive, and thrive on fundamental technological changes in your industry. This advanced strategic management course helps you translate strategic insights into smart strategic decisions on positioning, partnering and being socially responsible.
- Positioning the Firm:
- How can strategy portfolios guide corporate strategy and help decision-makers scope the activities of their organization?
- How can general strategies help organizations gain competitive advantages in their industries?
- How can organizations make competition irrelevant and create uncontested market space?
- Orchestrating Strategic Alliances:
- What is the case for cooperative strategy? When should we move from a competitive to a cooperative mindset?
- What are strategic alliances and what is their payoff?
- How can firms build and orchestrate collaborative ecosystems to enhance their (innovative) performance?
- Embracing Social Responsibility:
- What is the role of business in society? How do organizations contribute and cause harm to the public good?
- What exactly are the social responsibilities of organizations?
- To whom are they responsible and for what? Why should they care?
- How can ethics inform strategic decisions? How can we encourage ethical behavior and reconcile responsibility and profitability?
Why Take This Course?
This course is part of the “Managing Technology & Innovation: How to deal with disruptive change” Micro Masters program designed to teach the critical skills needed to be successful in this exciting field. In order to qualify for the Micro Masters Credential, you will need to earn a Verified Certificate in each of the six courses of the RWTHx Micro Masters program.
- Position your organization in times of transition
- Orchestrate strategic alliances and broader innovation networks
- Assess strategic options not just from an economic, but also from an ethical perspective
Professor Torsten Oliver Salge, Ph.D., is the head of the Innovation, Strategy, and Organization Group at RWTH Aachen University and Co-Director of the TIME Research Area.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)