The University of California is offering free online course on Marketing Analytics: Marketing Measurement Strategy. The course will equip applicant with the knowledge and skills necessary to immediately see practical benefits in the workplace.
In this 4-week marketing course, applicants will learn how to execute market sizing, identify market trends, and predict future conditions. The course will start on October 2, 2017.
Course At A Glance
Length: 4 weeks
Effort: 5-7 hours per week
Subject: Business & Management
Institution: University of California and edX
Certificate Available: Yes. Add a Verified Certificate for $99
Session: Course starts on October 2, 2017
Berkeley is offering MOOCs with edX to develop and foster adoption of Small Private Online Courses (SPOCs) on campuses around the world. SPOCs are designed to supplement and enhance the learning experience of on-campus students, while providing local faculty an opportunity for more interactive activities and more time for “high-touch” pedagogy.
This online platform edX provides online courses from the world’s best universities. edX can empower applicant to build innovative applications, services, and experiences.
About This Course
Begin your journey in a new career in marketing analytics. Learn about powerful strategies and methodology, starting with identifying market trends and metrics used to measure marketing success.
In this marketing course, applicant will learn how to execute market sizing, identify market trends, and predict future conditions.
This course is taught by Stephan Sorger who has held leadership roles in marketing and product development at companies such as Oracle, 3Com and NASA. He has also taught for over a decade at UC Berkeley Extension and is the author of two widely adopted marketing textbooks. This course will equip applicant with the knowledge and skills necessary to immediately see practical benefits in the workplace.
Analytics-based marketing is increasingly important in determining a company’s spending and ROI. Many entry-level positions in marketing now require some basic level of knowledge in this rapidly growing field.
Why Take This Course?
This is a free online course. This MOOC will be offered with Video Transcripts in English. Applicants can get a verified certificate.
- How to identify market trends
- How to predict future conditions
- An understanding of metrics used to measure marketing success
Stephan Sorger, M.B.A., M.S., PE, UC Berkeley Extension Honored Instructor, is a serial marketing executive, instructor and author.
Familiarity with marketing and basic operations in Microsoft Excel preferred, but not required.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org home page and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)