The University of Groningen is offering free online course on Decision Making in a Complex and Uncertain World. This is a seven-week course which will be taught at undergraduate level.
This course will teach you the first principles of complexity, uncertainty and how to make decisions in a complex world. The course will start on September 4, 2017.
Course At A Glance
Length: 7 weeks
Effort: 5 hours pw
Subject: Decision Making
Institution: University of Groningen and Future Learn
Certificate Available: Yes
Session: Starts on September 4, 2017
The University of Groningen is a research university with a global outlook, deeply rooted in Groningen, in the north of the Netherlands.
About This Course
Leaders must be able to act in a complex world and under uncertainty. This course is a first step to develop yourself into one of the future’s key decision makers or to enhance your decision-making skills.
First, this course will address what complexity is and will define uncertainty. Next, University will cover a number of tools and methods to understand and be able to navigate through the complex and uncertain world.
Why Take This Course?
This is a free online course. This MOOC will be offered with Video Transcripts in English. Applicants can get a verified certificate.
By completing this course you will have developed skills and knowledge that will enhance your decision-making skills in order to act in a complex world and under uncertainty.
He is a professor at the University of Groningen (Complexity and Uncertainty). I have also a number of supervisory functions and have been advisor to the first president of the European Central Bank.
Anyone should be able to participate in the course. However, basic knowledge of economic, financial institutions, mathematics and logic will be helpful. The course will be taught at undergraduate level.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link.
- Sign Up At FutureLearn
- Select a course and Join
- Once a course has started, applicant will be able to access the course material
- After the start date, students will be able to access the course by following the Go To Course link on My Courses page.
- Applicants can buy, to show that they have completed a FutureLearn course.
- On some FutureLearn courses, learners will be able to pay to take an exam to qualify for a Statement of Attainment. (These are university-branded, printed certificates that provide proof of learning on the course topic(s)).