University of Michigan is offering free online course on Project Risk Assessment. This course is targeted to managers working in corporations or institutions and individuals planning to pursue a graduate degree in business (MBA).
In these 30-40 hours, applicant will learn how to conduct risk analysis of different projects using both conceptual and practical developments in modern finance.
Course At A Glance
Length: self-paced; University expect you to complete the course in 30-40 hours
Effort: 30-40 hours pw
Subject: Economics & Finance
Institution: University of Michigan and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $99
The mission of the University of Michigan is to serve the people of Michigan and the world through preeminence in creating, communicating, preserving and applying knowledge, art, and academic values, and in developing leaders and citizens who will challenge the present and enrich the future.
About This Course
This course will involve detailed exposure to statistical modeling and data analytics to measure the different drivers of value creation and appreciate how companies should make decisions in the real world. While no theory is perfect, this course will provide time-tested foundational aspects of risk important to understanding the value of projects.
Why Take This Course?
This course is targeted to managers working in corporations or institutions and individuals planning to pursue a graduate degree in business (MBA).
- To think clearly about risk in a world populated by uncertainty and risk-averse individuals
- To use statistics to both understand and measure different components of the risks of projects/companies
- To analyze the value of different projects after adjusting for differences in their risks
Gautam Kaul is a Professor of Finance and the Fred M. Taylor Professor of Business at the Ross School of Business (RSB), University of Michigan. Gautam has a Ph.D. from the Booth School of Business, University of Chicago and has published extensively in the top journals in Finance on topics covering a wide spectrum.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)