The University of Michigan is offering free online course on UX Research Surveys. This UX course will provide an overview of survey methodology from the perspective of UX research.
In this three-week course, applicants will learn how to use UX surveys to gain insights into user needs and attitudes toward system designs. This course will start on August 15, 2017.
Course At A Glance
Length: 3 weeks
Effort: 3-4 hours pw
Subject: Computer Science
Institution: University of Michigan and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $99
Session: Course Starts on August 15, 2017
The mission of the University of Michigan is to serve the people of Michigan and the world through preeminence in creating, communicating, preserving and applying knowledge, art, and academic values, and in developing leaders and citizens who will challenge the present and enrich the future.
About This Course
UX surveys typically focus on uncovering user needs, connecting needs to user characteristics, and gaining insight into user attitudes towards systems they use.
Why Take This Course?
In this course, learners will learn the basics of UX survey research and conduct a survey of their own design.
- Learn about the different types and uses of surveys in UX research
- Understand the survey population: when to sample, when to recruit
- Develop a survey instrument that meets your requirements
- Analyze and report on surveys
- Learn to critique user surveys
Cliff Lampe is an assistant professor in the School of Information at the University of Michigan. Previous to that, he spent several years on the faculty of the department of Telecommunication, Information Studies and Media at Michigan State University.
Recommended – successful completion of:
- UX501x – Introduction to User Experience
- UX502x – Understanding User Needs
- UX503x – Principles of Designing for Humans
- UX504x – Evaluating Designs with Users
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)