The University of Glasgow is offering free online course to study life science. This course will be of particular interest to individuals considering going to university or college to study a life sciences related subject.
You’ll also get lots of tips on preparing your university application, adjusting to life at university and securing that first life sciences job. The course will start on November 7, 2016.
Course At A Glance
Length: 2 weeks
Effort: 2 hours/week
Subject: Life Science
Institution: University of Glasgow and Future Learn
Certificate Available: Yes
Session: Course Starts on November 7, 2016
The University of Glasgow is a member of the prestigious Russell Group of leading UK research universities and is striving to change the world with its expertise. Its annual earnings for research are £175m, which means that it can make important discoveries, whether that’s finding a way to detect malaria in minutes, or contributing to the biggest particle physics experiment in the world: the Large Hadron Collider.
About This Course
This short, free online course will introduce you to studying life sciences at university level. University shall take you on a whistle stop tour of the exciting world of life sciences, exploring the vast array of subjects within the discipline – from anatomy to zoology and everything in between, including immunology, cellular and molecular biology, genetics, physiology and parasitology.
Why Take This Course?
You’ll also hear from individuals working in a range of different life sciences career areas, including basic, field and applied research, scientific communication, teaching and science writing. You’ll also get lots of tips on preparing your university application, adjusting to life at university and securing that first life sciences job.
By the end of the two weeks, you’ll:
- Be aware of the variety of branches of life sciences;
- Be confident making a university application to study life sciences;
- Be able to describe some of the career pathways open to you as a life sciences graduate;
- And have met other people on the same journey of exploration into life sciences.
This course will be of particular interest to individuals considering going to university or college to study a life sciences related subject.
Maria Jackson (educator)
Kathleen Murphy (Educator)
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Sign Up At FutureLearn
- Select a course and Join
- Once a course has started, applicant will be able to access the course material
- After the start date, students will be able to access the course by following the Go To Course link on My Courses page.
- Applicants can buy, to show that they have completed a FutureLearn course.
- On some FutureLearn courses, learners will be able to pay to take an exam to qualify for a Statement of Attainment. (These are university-branded, printed certificates that provide proof of learning on the course topic(s)).