The University of Michigan is offering free online course on Anatomy: Human Neuroanatomy. Students will be introduced to the central and peripheral nervous systems.
In this eight-week course, applicants will learn about the different parts of the central nervous system and how they work together with the entire body. This course will start on October 30, 2017.
Course At A Glance
Length: 8 weeks
Effort: 3-4 hours pw
Subject: Biology & Life Sciences
Institution: University of Michigan and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $49
Session: Course Starts on October 30, 2017
The mission of the University of Michigan is to serve the people of Michigan and the world through preeminence in creating, communicating, preserving and applying knowledge, art, and academic values, and in developing leaders and citizens who will challenge the present and enrich the future.
About This Course
Students will learn about basic neuroanatomy, sensory pathways, motor pathways and the autonomic nervous system.
Why Take This Course?
The course includes illustrated lecture videos and quizzes to help you expand and test your knowledge of the nervous system.
- Learn the gross anatomy of the central and peripheral nervous systems
- Understand how sensory information enters the brain
- Understand how the brain and spinal cord control the muscles
- Understand how the autonomic nervous system activates the fight or flight response
- Learn the names and functions of the cranial nerves
Kelli A. Sullivan
Kelli A. Sullivan, Ph.D., is a Lecturer in the Division of Anatomical Sciences, Department of Surgery and an Associate Research Scientist in the Department of Neurology. Dr. Sullivan received her Ph.D. from the Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology at the University of Kentucky in 1990. Her research career focused on diabetic neuropathy (DN).
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificatess are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)